MJH Associates is looking for a Vice President of Strategy & Development. The Strategy & Development Vice President will be responsible for supporting the President in the growth, development, and execution of PER educational program that continues to drive PER into the future as a worldwide CME leader in the oncology and multispecialty therapeutic areas, both within the US and Ex-US environments.
Supports the President in the business and future growth of the company. Examples include but are not limited to:
· Business Development:
o Proactively identify, develop, and drive longer-term strategies and initiatives that will result in profitable growth for the businesses of oncology & multispecialty in the US and Ex-US markets.
o Manage and expand the exposure in the marketplace, as well as manage relationships with supporters and Key Opinion Leaders
o Regularly analyze the therapy areas and business environment to keep current on market trends, challenges, and opportunities
o Develop and update revenue forecasts/targets
· Scientific Content:
o Leverage the medical affairs group in the development of educational grant request of the highest scientific quality
o Guide content management, including timelines that adhere to planned milestones and program objectives/deliverables
o Ensure that content in CME activities adheres to the highest standards of PER CME
· Shared Services:
o Supports program implementation objectives by working with Shared Services in establishing plans, budgets, and results measurements; allocating resources; reviewing progress; making mid- course adaptations.
o Coordinates efforts to achieve maximum productivity and efficiency by leveraging internal teams.
o Review and monitor all milestones for compliance and completion; report internal/external progress on short- and long-range initiatives.
o Provide continuous vision & insight to marketing/audience generation to PER’s key stakeholders of pharma clients, HCPs, and faculty
· General Management
o Fulfill requests by the President to support business growth and evolution
o Provide vision and leadership in long-range company planning.
o Interacts with internal and external clients, faculty, ambassadors, and partners as necessary.
o Maintains professional and technical knowledge through professional development; benchmarking state-of-the-art practices.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ATTRIBUTES
The ideal candidate will have a successful track record as a Senior Manager in a multi-faceted enterprise. Key attributes include but are not limited to:
· Understanding of the sales proves and proven ability to drive significant revenues in a competitive environment
· Understanding of the CME industry
· Ability to work on several projects at once while balancing multiple and overlapping timelines; decision-making on operational details relating to established milestones.
· Ability to manage a team to achieve aggressive deadlines with high quality work.
· Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with coworkers, managers and clients; demonstrated abilities in cross-team collaboration with others.
· Ability to assess workload and suggest prioritization to inter-department senior staff; experience in developing standard operating procedures to support future growth.
· Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
· Project and budget expertise; excellent time management and organizational skills
· Careful attention to detail and accuracy.
· Proven process-thinker with analytical abilities.
· Good working knowledge of common Microsoft Office software (ex: Word, PowerPoint, Excel).
· Upbeat and enthusiastic professional outlook.
MINIMUM REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
Minimum of BA/BS degree from an accredited four-year college or university. Advanced degree preferred.
· Extensive use of telephone and face-to-face communication
· Moderate travel (25% to 40%), based on time of year, PER meetings, and society meetings.
Duties and responsibilities may be added, deleted or changed at any time at the discretion of management, formally or informally, either verbally or in writing.
MJH Associates, Inc., provides health care professionals with information and resources they need to stay competitive in their practice and optimize the quality of care for their patients. We are the preferred source of health care daily news and information and are committed to launching innovative platforms and video programming. If you strive to be an expert in your field and thrive when taking risks, then our entrepreneurial, growing company is the place to be. We focus on achieving goals through teamwork and creativity in a fast-paced environment. The ever-changing health care communications industry requires us to stay ahead of the curve to create new ways of improving quality of life through health care communications, live events, and medical education. Our state-of-the-art corporate headquarters, located in Cranbury, New Jersey, promotes collaboration among employees to develop new ideas to keep MJH Associates, Inc. as the industry leader in health care communications. We offer our employees countless opportunities for on-the-job training and professional development, and the ability to make a difference in the health care industry. We strive to create a culture that values dedication, hard work, collaborative events and community involvement.
MJH Associates, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. All employees of MJH Associates, Inc. are employed “At Will.” This means that either the employee or the Company is free to end the employment relationship at any time, for any reason, with or without cause and with or without notice.